I have taken to asking for suggestions from my colleagues for new baking inspiration, this week they wanted rice crispy and cornflake treats. I remember making these as a six year old, so I wasn’t exactly enthused about making something so easy – I do love a challenge. But after some extensive googling I found this recipe on Pioneer Woman that completed half of my order. You can find details on the rice crispy treats here: Pioneer Woman
For the second half of the bake I decided to make it up as I went along, so forgive the somewhat sketchy measurements/instructions:
Chocolate Mint Cornflake Bar
300g dark chocolate
3 tbsp golden syrup
1/2 a box of cornflakes (basically slowly add as many as desired)
100g white chocolate
1 tsp mint extract
A dash of milk (optional)
1. Put the butter, golden syrup and dark chocolate in saucepan, stirring frequently over a low heat.
2. Once it’s all melted, pour in the cornflakes and mix it all together.
3. Spread the mixture out evenly on a baking sheet.
4. Melt the white chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
5. Add the mint extract, adding in the milk if required to get the right consistency for drizzling.
6. Drizzle generously over the cornflake mixture and refrigerate. I was in a rush so I put it into the freezer for half an hour.
7. Cut into squares and enjoy!